Who should take this course?
Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
What will you learn?
PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
• Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers.
• Diver safety and risk management.
• Business of diving and your career.
• Dive setup, briefing and dive management.
• Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive.
• Conducting PADI ReActivate and skin diver course.
• Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs.
What scuba gear will need?
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. Your PADI Instructor may suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.